THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 27, 2011

Morning Message

One thing I like to do with the kids is have a Morning Message ready for them. Obviously they can not actually read it yet, so I read it to them, but there are certain skills I try to reinforce while reading the Morning Message.

  • First, I make sure I point to each word as I read so they will start to learn that these letters make up words and that I read them from left to right.
  • Also, I start out each Morning Message the same way "Good Morning Hailey and Blake" and I always end it with "Love, Mom" so they are learning to recognize those words and they feel confident when they can read that part.
  • After the reading the message I pick a letter of the day and Hailey has to circle as many as she can find.
  • We also talk about spaces between words
  • And although it was not my plan yet, she is fascinated by question marks and exclamation marks...so we talk about punctuation.
  • I also feel it serves an important purpose because they kids know what the plan for the day is instead of just being drug around from place to place. Here is an example of a couple of our morning messages -


AND



This is what it looks like when we are done talking about it:



One thing I have learned with my Morning Messages is that I need to work on my penmenship! Sometimes Hailey will have a hard time finding a letter if I wrote to quickly or it is too sloppy...oops!

I would love to hear if you decided to try a Morning Message!

0 comments: